Dental implants are a restorative procedure that restores your smile and restrengthens your jawbone. Your dentist in Toronto, ON, also serving the Scarborough-North York section of Toronto, ON, Dr. Gharai is here to help!
If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Tooth loss may lead to serious issues like bone deterioration.
The dental implant procedure consists of the following:
- A local anesthetic being applied to the necessary area.
- Your dentist inserts a titanium post into your jawbone, made of a biocompatible material that isn't rejected by the body's tissue.
- The doctor surgically closes the area and allows it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months, while the process of osseointegration takes its full course.
- The titanium post acts as the new tooth root and fuses with the rest of the bone.
- When you return, your Toronto, ON, dentist, also serving the Scarborough-North York section of Toronto, ON, will re-open the area, insert an abutment and place a crown over the abutment that matches the rest of your teeth.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Implants have a high success rate.
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, which makes them comfortable and practical.
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink.
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a beautiful smile.
- They are used to fill a single gap in your teeth, a few gaps, or all of your teeth.
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods.
If you have questions or concerns, call Dr. Gharai's Toronto, ON, office, which also serves the Scarborough-North York section of Toronto, ON, to make an appointment today!