Give yourself the gift of a whiter smile!
Everyone will face some degree of dental stains over the years. Luckily it’s extremely easy to get rid of these discolorations and to achieve a whiter smile with the help of teeth whitening. Of course, not all whitening products are created equally, so if you are looking for a reliable and effective method for achieving a brighter smile our North York, Toronto, ON, cosmetic dentist Dr. Gharai can help.
So, why choose professional teeth whitening over simple over-the-counter whitening methods? Here’s why,
Even and More Thorough Results
As you might imagine, getting professional whitening treatment from a dental professional will give you more even results than whitening treatment that you have to do yourself. Our North York, Toronto, dentist has received extensive training to be able to treat moderate-to-severe dental stains more effectively than at-home kits can.
Get Results Fast
If time is of the essence when it comes to getting a whiter smile then over-the-counter methods won’t often give you the results you want in a shorter period of time. If you want to whiten your smile before a special occasion, important job interview or your wedding day the fastest approach will be in-office whitening.
A Visibly Whiter Smile
If you’ve ever tried at-home whitening treatment then you know that you won’t get results right away. While those patients with lighter stains may see some minor changes after a week or more of at-home whitening, if you really want to see an improvement in the vibrancy of your smile in-office teeth whitening can get your smile five or more shades whiter in just a single session.
Enjoy a Customized Treatment
When it comes to at-home whitening, it’s not tailored to meet your specific needs. The only way to truly customize your whitening treatment to get the individualized results you want is to get professional in-office whitening. This is particularly important for patients who want to reduce their risk for tooth sensitivity while still achieving a whiter smile with cosmetic dentistry.
Are you interested in getting professional teeth whitening in North York, Toronto, ON? Want to find out if you are an ideal candidate for whitening? If so, call Dr. Gharai at Vic Park Dental to schedule a visit.
Your North York, Toronto, ON, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Gharai, has numerous solutions for discolored, chipped, or irregular-shaped teeth. For these issues, she provides a range of procedures, including teeth whitening, bonding, dental implants, and dental reshaping.
There are two available options for this treatment: in-office procedures and take-home kits.
Teeth whitening is a great option to improve that gorgeous smile you already have, however, taking good general care of your teeth is just as important. Here are a few tips you can follow to ensure that you keep the appearance of your teeth for a longer period of time:
- Quit smoking and chewing tobacco; they stain your teeth and cause oral diseases
- Think about reducing the intake of staining beverages such as coffee and tea
- Maintain a healthy oral regimen consisting of brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once
Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite resin, can be accomplished in one visit and fixes issues such as chips, cracks, fractures, and decays, while also aiding teeth that are discolored, stained, and misshapen. The procedure may take about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on your cosmetic dentistry needs.
Your Toronto dentist will clean your teeth to ensure that they're plaque-free. Then, your teeth will be etched with an acidic gel that will open the pores on the teeth's surface. Finally, the dentist will rinse the etching material with composite resin that matches the color of your teeth before hardening it in place with a curing light to finalize the new shapes.
This tooth loss treatment creates stability, strength, and prevents the weakening and shrinkage of your jawbone. Dental implants consist of a titanium post that is surgically inserted into your jaws to replace missing tooth roots. The dentist then seals your gums and allows 3 to 6 months for osseointegration to occur. After this period, your dentist then re-opens the area above the titanium post, inserts a screw, places an abutment above the screw, and secures a crown on top that matches the rest of your teeth.
Some advantages of dental implants include:
- Restoring one tooth, a few teeth, or all of your teeth
- Restoring your bite and chewing function
- Unlike dentures, dental implants are fixed in place and don't fall out of place
- They can last a lifetime
Tooth Contouring and Reshaping
Tooth contouring and reshaping are simple cosmetic procedures that will save you plenty of time and money as well as give you a more confident smile. They help fix many teeth issues like crooked or crowded placement, pits and grooves in the enamel, and chips, cracks, and fractures.
Interested? Call our North York Area Office Today!
Have you considered cosmetic dentistry? Our North York, Toronto, ON dentist, Dr. Gharai, can help you get the smile you want! Call (416) 491-8621 today!
A whiter smile can be yours in as little as an hour, thanks to a professional teeth whitening treatment offered by your dentist. North York, Toronto, ON, dentist Dr. Gharai of Vic Park Dental provides the skilled dental care you and your family need to protect and enhance your smiles.
What are the advantages of professional teeth whitening?
Whitening at home doesn't always produce the results you expected. Even if you follow instructions carefully, your smile may not be as white as you envisioned or may not be consistently white. Professional whitening offers several important benefits, including:
- Stronger Whitening Agent: Professional whiteners contain strong formulations of hydrogen peroxide, the natural chemical compound that breaks up stains in your tooth enamel. They work quickly, yet are safe for your smile.
- Fast, Impressive Results: It can take a long time to lighten your teeth with over-the-counter whiteners. When you visit your North York, Toronto dentist for a whitening session, your teeth will be three to eight shades whiter in about an hour.
- No Mottling or Two-Tone Teeth: Your dentist takes the time to ensure that your teeth are uniformly lighter after professional teeth whitening. If strips or do-it-yourself trays don't fit well or fail to cover your teeth completely, your teeth may end up two entirely different shades. When you opt for professional whitening, your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned to prevent mottling or speckling, a problem that can occur if you have plaque or tartar on your teeth when you apply whiteners.
- A Whiter Smile That Lasts: Results of professional whitening last about two to three years, although you can extend your results by avoiding or limiting darkly colored foods and beverages that stain teeth.
- Convenience: If you prefer to whiten at home but still want professional results, a take-home kit may be the perfect option for you. Your dentist will provide you with custom-made trays made from impressions of your mouth. You'll simply add whitening gel to the trays and wear them as long or as often as your dentist recommends.
Would you like to whiten your smile? Call North York, Toronto, ON, dentist Dr. Gharai of Vic Park Dental at (416) 491-8621 to schedule an appointment.
Dental implants are a restorative procedure that restores your smile and restrengthens your jawbone. Your dentist in Toronto, ON, also serving the Scarborough-North York section of Toronto, ON, Dr. Gharai is here to help!
If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Tooth loss may lead to serious issues like bone deterioration.
The dental implant procedure consists of the following:
- A local anesthetic being applied to the necessary area.
- Your dentist inserts a titanium post into your jawbone, made of a biocompatible material that isn't rejected by the body's tissue.
- The doctor surgically closes the area and allows it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months, while the process of osseointegration takes its full course.
- The titanium post acts as the new tooth root and fuses with the rest of the bone.
- When you return, your Toronto, ON, dentist, also serving the Scarborough-North York section of Toronto, ON, will re-open the area, insert an abutment and place a crown over the abutment that matches the rest of your teeth.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Implants have a high success rate.
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, which makes them comfortable and practical.
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink.
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a beautiful smile.
- They are used to fill a single gap in your teeth, a few gaps, or all of your teeth.
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods.
If you have questions or concerns, call Dr. Gharai's Toronto, ON, office, which also serves the Scarborough-North York section of Toronto, ON, to make an appointment today!
Some patients have to wait years and go to many dental appointments to get the beautiful smile that they’ve always wanted. If waiting that long simply isn’t an option for you, talk to your dentist about dental veneers. With veneers, you get a big difference in the appearance of your smile with a very small procedure that can be completed in about two or three appointments. Learn more about veneers from your Scarborough & North York, Toronto dentist.
What Is a Veneer?
A veneer is a covering placed over the surface of a tooth to make it look more attractive, whiter and more naturally shaped. It’s commonly made of porcelain, which is a very tough and durable material that resembles natural tooth enamel. The veneer resists staining and fixes a number of common cosmetic problems, including chipping, gaps and ridges in the teeth.
What Will Happen at the Veneer Appointment?
When it’s clear that veneers can help your smile, the next step is to get your teeth prepared for them. The preparation process involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel from the front of the tooth to make room for the veneer and ensure a proper bond. Since a veneer is as thin as a contact lens, less than a millimeter of enamel is removed from the surface of the tooth. The dentist will take an impression of the tooth so that a proper veneer can be made. At the final appointment, the veneer is bonded and shaped to perfection.
How Long Will this New Smile Last?
Veneers are a wonder of cosmetic dentistry not just because they give you a big difference in your smile with a small procedure, but also because they are long-lasting. Once a porcelain veneer is bonded, it can last for as long as 20 years—maybe even longer. It’s important to treat your veneers with as much TLC as your other teeth to keep them looking great for as long as possible.
How Do You Care for Veneers?
The veneer has a strong bond to your tooth, but you have to keep it clean and free from plaque buildup to ensure its ongoing health and resilience. Brush around all surfaces of the tooth and floss between the teeth daily. Avoid biting hot foods (or drinking hot beverages) with your veneers as much as possible and drink less sugary beverages. One of the most important things to remember after you get veneers is to keep up with twice-yearly appointments for cleanings and checkups.
Contact your Scarborough & North York, Toronto Dentist
Veneers can give your smile a makeover that you never imagined was possible, and it only takes one small dental procedure to make a big difference. Call your Scarborough & North York, Toronto dentist for a veneers appointment today.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.